Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
23 star touring

Star touring in the guest book looks to be pretty good. Any one have a ball park figure what it should sell for ?? I am sure it is an older restoration but looks as tho the owner took good care of it. I am interested in it but have no idea what to offer the owners.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant- model 614- Deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: 23 star touring

You can get Old Cars price guide, and watch auctions of similar cars. The Star was to compete with Chevrolet, Willys Overland, Whippet, Essex, Ford, etc.

The price varies depending on the economy, the location, the popularity, ownership history, authenticity, etc. Do-it-yourself restorations probably never sell for enough to give you good wages. You probably can't afford professional work except on the most valuable cars.

I have a friend that worked really hard for a year to restore a 1916 Maxwell. I'm thinking it might have been 2000 hours. Why did he do it? Just because it popped up for sale in town after being passed through generations of relatives until someone didn't want the bother anymore. My brother did the same with an IHC pickup. Took maybe two years of time in the shop. Probably worth $10,000. He did it because he worked for IHC. Could have spent his time on something more valuable, but it wouldn't have meant so much to him.

So figure what your time is worth, and what you'd rather be doing.

Most people would pay more for an open car, just for the enjoyment in parades, etc. You won't much enjoy driving any 1923 car in today's regular traffic unless you've got nerves of steel.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club