Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
engines for sale

for sale:
three 1926 +/- 4 cylinder Durant Star engines. actually one has a Durant tag on it. All are Canadian Durant.

All three blocks have previously been repaired by blacksmiths. two have patches on the water jacket and one has a piece of plate rivited over a broken rod bulge in the lower block. They all ran after the repairs, a couple for a long, long time I suspect.

Of the two I took apart one had a usable set of rings that still had a reasonable end gap in the cylinders.
Of the three one is bolted back together and probably would run. We unscrewed the patch on the water jacket and JB welded the 3" split in the block before we screwed the patch into place again.
there are 2 waterpumps 2 generators and 1 starter if you don't include the cranks.
I have a Star radiator and shroud to accompany these gems of history.

Priced low, for a quick sale, or trade for Indian parts.

These would be a good deal for someone who could pick them up in Lacombe Alberta. I'm not sure they warrant of the cost of shipping.

If these were 1970 GM parts they would be junk... if they were 1930's Indian Motorcycle parts they'd be quite restorable.

I tired to post pictures but I can't make the links work for me.
If you contact me I can e-mail you some snaps.

please contact: brent chalmers

The Durant Motors Automobile Club