Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Calling all cars!

Help,

On my move from Atlanta to LA the roads were so rough that my 29 Durant Roadster bounced around on the trailer so much that the gas cap was lost. I was hoping one of you might be able to help me out. It was a two piece affair with a little chain that held the cap on to the shoulder piece that fit on the tank neck. If you have any information I'd be very greatful.

Gary Warden
Chatsworth, CA
818-723-0761 cell

Re: Calling all cars!

I believe that "Mike Butters" has replacement caps for sale. This will not get you your original, but I am led to understand that his repro's are very good.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

Gary ... just put gas cap in the search part of Forum and up comes all the comments mid 2007 about the cap Neil sells.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Thanks guys. I talked with Butters Jr and he is going to make a batch of five and I'll get one of those. I'm sur glad he is around to help out with stuff like this.

Gary

The Durant Motors Automobile Club