Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Latest Issue Durant Partner

Hi All.....

Just got home and found the latest issue. Cathy had already read it from cover to cover.

Carol has done another OUTSTANDING job of putting our Club magazine together.

Thanks again Carol your work is very appreciated.

Remember the great times from Auburn and as Yates says "See Y'all in Oregon, or Oregon is great in 08"

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

Re: Latest Issue Durant Partner

Hello All,

Has everyone received there new Partner? I still haven't received my copy. Just checking. I can't wait to read it.

Thanks,

Dennis

Dennis,

You should get your copy any day now. Mine arrived in California on Thursday and Frank said he got his in Pennsylvania on Friday.

Rick

Where Are You From? www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5yPfKdxW6Q

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Deluxe Sport Roadster

I haven't received mine in Riverside, CA yet. May be Monday.
Chuck

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Model F Touring

still waiting for mine in penna., also...gary k

Chuck

there is no mail delivery on Monday, you have to wait until at least Tuesday.

And we have to wait until January 31, when we return to NJ

charlie

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Cool .. will get our Fall / Winter edition soon then up here in Ottawa ,hopefully.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Charlie
That's right, I forgot Monday is MLK Day. Maybe Tuesday then.
Chuck

I got my latest issue last Friday......& my wife didn't let me know about it til dinner time on Saturday. Hmmm.........gonna have to have a chat with her This is the 3rd issue I've gotten this year & I must say......they just keep getting BETTER all the time Keep up the good work!
Thanks again Carol!

Andrew

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes.... 1927 Star Coupe & what's left of a '24 Star touring

Gee. We must be on the express mail list. I got mine last thursday. another great issue. We had so much fun at the last meet we are looking foward to the next one.

Ok ... MLK day ??? My Lazy Kid day ?

You have more holidays down there than working days, ha ha. How do you find time to go to work

Norm, I live only 30 miles from Old Washington, Ark, at one time, the capitol of the Confederate States of America. Down here, we also refer to this day as "Robert E. Lee Day"!!
And yes, I fly the Cross and Stars in remembrance of MY heritage!
Today I'll celebrate by laying out the Ash wood for my '27 Star Coupe project.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring, 1927 Star Coupe

I got it today---not so late for a Canadian with snail mail.
That is a Great Issue----Larry must really inspire Carol. Just as Carol has inspired the members to write articles.

Cool .. just wondered what "this" day was. I fly the British Flag all summer as my heritage, not the Pearson thing we got stuck with, after the Red Ensign. Still recall it was called the "Pearson flag of surrender", when it was thrust on us, by Lester B Pearson. We've lost most of our heritage with no longer singing the Maple Leaf for ever, The Queen, and a whole pile of things. Not allowed to even mention Christmas in schools or anything related to Christmas at all.

I guess it takes a little longer to get over here to Guelph. Haven't received my copy as yet.
Norm, MLK stands for "Martin Luther King"

Here in Guelph, The Royal City, at official functions we normally sing both the "Royal Anthem" and the "Canadian Anthem" We are extremely proud of both. If we have American visitors present, also "The Star Spangled Banner"
Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

Hi Gord , so you should. God Bless the Queen and Canada under her rule.
Which version of the Canadan Anthem ? My wife is still closely connected to the school system so hears about all the fuss they can and can't do. You would wonder who is Canadian, us or emigrants.
My father and gfather fought under the Red Ensign so it means much more than the flag we have now. Then there's me being a war baby in now London Eng so my British heritage goes way back. I have it to 1646. Before that its almost impossible as folks only used 1st names. Since dad was Canadian after arriving in Canada with his parents Dec 1907 I was auto Canadian citizen at birth. Actually my family was 1st, fairly close to you, at Glen Williams next to Georgetown. My 3 month old aunt is buried there.

Ah yes Martin Luther King.

No mag here yet and the postal has just been.

Too cold to deliver it I guess.

Was a bit nippy yesterday. Back to snowing again today.

We're lucky to have revolving posties. Never seem to have the same person day to day and the exciting part is .... what house did he / she deliver our mail to this time ? Often take the mail they have left and put it in the right owners mailbox. So much for the "Royal" mail. It can be a Royal something else at times, ha ha.

Sounds like maybe Norm has the same mail person I have . Maybe they trade places ??? I just think they cant read and dont know what the numbers mean .
Havent got mine yet but expect it any time now . Hope the postman doesnt suffer frost bite before it gets here. Been cold enough to freeze the nuts off an iron bridge here . Stay home by the fire with a hot drink I guess. Need some reading material.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant-Delixe Rumble Seat Coupe

Well Ken the mag arrived today, along with the usual recycle stuff we don't even look at.
Now to hope the generic gas cap off ebay arrives from Texas. 130186421695 I picked up a cap at a flea market this summer and the neck on the tank is a hair or less under 2 5/16 .. well the darned cap is .. same size inside. Should fit with a hammer, sigh. So close yet another to add to the other 2 that don't. Don't really want the generic thing as it looks like a painted rad cap. The almost one has a knurl around the top which makes it easy to grip and half turn off. It actually looks very similar to the 30 - 32 cap.

Eureka! My Durant Partner arrived today. Being I am a mailman, I was doubly concerned.

Dennis

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1931 Devaux

I guess we have had to much snow and mine must be coming by a sleigh because I still have not recieved it. Maybe tommorrow.

My issue arrived today. It was worth the wait . Great issue thanks to all for providing it. Keep up the great work!
Chuck

Got mine today and as usual it is a real joy to read. Great work Carol. Another masterpiece of printing and a very good magazine I havent finished reading it yet but will this evening and tomorrow .A round of applause for the editor --
Ken

Mine is still lost in the snow!

Keep shoveling Gord ... Hopefully cleaning the lane at 5 am this morning is it, for awhile.

Down here in Magnolia, Texas the pony express finally came by and dropped off the Durant Partner. I stopped working outside in short sleeves and read it cover to cover. What a great job Carrol did and a variety of good stories and usefull tech info. You guys keep shoveling snow and keep the faith, it's worth the wait.

Got mine yesterday! Carol is doing a fine job and I look forward to receiving each issue.
The first thing I checked was the "For Sale" section. Butch and I are ready for another ROAD TRIP to somewhere, to haul something!!
P.S. My dues are in the mail.

Don

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring, 1927 Star Coupe

Magazine has not made Guelph yet. Neither Will or I have not received our copies. Are we blacklisted?
Gord

Didn't you say you lived in the royal city, Gord ? Your getting the royal service from our royal mail ,ha ha.

I have not recieved mine yet either. I guess we have to much snow. Bill

If anyone has still not recieved your issue of the Durant Partner by Friday, please send me an email.

Rick Botti
rick@boti.us

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Deluxe Sport Roadster

DOES THAT ALL INCLUDE THE ROYAL SHAFT FOR POOR GORD.??
MINE CAME AFTER A WHILE..AND IT WAS WORTH THE WAIT.
I AM SURE IT IS DIFFICULT, BEING ENCUMBERRED BY A MAN LIKE LARRY AROUND THE HOUSE ....BUT ,...CAROL DOES AN AMAZING JOB ...REGARDLESS....SORRY LARRY. HAVING LARGE TOOLS ARE NOT ALL THAT COUNTS.
LUV YA, GARY K

I got my copy yesterday and it turned out great.
Thanks for the kind words

Franz Fraitzl

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star

Hello all,
Well I spoke to a friend of mine that used to work for the postal service, he said delivery times vary greatly depending upon how the pile is routed, This varies from post office to post office. The USA deliveries go by pre-sorted first class mail.
I wiil have a chat with my postmaster.
The Canadian and other foriegn countries are all slipped into manilla envelopes, sealed, stamped, and addressed by me. The addresses are run off of the Roster.
So I know for sure that they went. All this is troubling, since the cost of postage is so high, it eats up our club balance.
If you do not get them within the next week, let Rick know and he can ship off another. So sorry for this inconvenience...
~Carol

Do You own a car built by Durant? You Bet

Thanks everyone for the kind words. We in the Royal City got our Durant Partner today. It is beautiful!
No reason for the delay, can't blame the postie for reading it as it was in an envelope all sealed. If came through fine. I imagine Will got his copy also, although he lives across town.
Gord

The Durant Motors Automobile Club