Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
wood kit for my 30 durant deluxe rumble seat coupe

Does anyone remember an ad in the old durant registry magazine about a wood kit for this car.I saw it one time but it was years ago and I did not make a note of what issue it was in or who the guy was that would make it .Looking at my work I am now thinking it would be good if I was to buy the kit from him. At the time the price seemed pretty high and I was sorta strapped for cash .I have looked through my back issues but havent found it --guess if no one knows of it I will have to really scan the back issues I have
Thanks guys
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant- deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: wood kit for my 30 durant deluxe rumble seat coupe

I'm pretty sure it was club member Jeff Cromeens. While he was rewooding his car he made a second set. I'm pretty sure he sold it.

Dave

Thanks Dave
Have to look a lot more and see if I can find the ad he placed---maybe he has a source for a set for me --Mine is not a very nice wood working job.and I sure would like to redo it
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant deluxe rumble seat coupe

Ken I bought the wood kit from Jeff Cromeens and it is slowly going into my 1932 Durant RS Cpe.I had considered making a second set but with the best part of 3 cars in my garage /workshop it could be difficult. I have the woodworking tools / wish I had the space.
I suppose a local craftsman could help.

Hi Jack .. Had me wondering when you mentioned 32 coup. Thought I had found another 614 owner. I now have a complete set of deluxe inside handles for my sedan. Tim Orr had them and I drove down to get them in Sept. When I was talking to you, you mentioned having no handles in or out. I had half of both. So much fun tracking down parts for a one year car and US parts aren't the same on the 619 as our 32, 614 / 618's. Still looking for a few parts for Dorothy.
Norm

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Jack
I know what you mean--I have 2 cars in my place and all my wood working tools there . Doesnt leave much room to work. If I was closer to you I would be over to get patterns for my own car . Wish I had bought the kit when I first saw it advertised but was a bit short of cash then .As the saying goes--Them's the breaks --Hope to see all you guys in Oregon

Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant- deuxe rumble seat coupe

Oh quit your griping you two .. lol. At least you have room to move. Dorothy is in a shed beside the house with leg room only on one side. No room at the back and I have all the top wood to replace. Bring your tools here and carve me the various pieces. You could ride here on the Moose you have pulling the 30 coup around and Jack could met us from Whitby and bring his 32 parts coup for pieces for Dorothy, ha ha.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club