Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
New Old Stock Water Pump Couplings

Hi All.....

Just unearthed from the "Lost Parts of Auburn" Here is your chance to own a piece of history.

This is the rubber coupling between the generator and water pump on the 4 cylinder cars. Check out page 37 of the illustrated parts book

Durant part number 20771

Cost is $15 each or 2 for $27, postpaid in the US or Canada. Other countries email me your address for a shipping quote.

I will be posting more items as I dig. Next will be Steeldraulic brake cables also NOS

See Y'all in Oregon.....Frank ---

Photobucket

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

Re: New Old Stock Water Pump Couplings

I would like to buy 2 water pump couplings.
I am looking forward to meeting everyone in Astoria in September.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 2 Star touring cars

Hi Frank,
Put my name on three. Do they come with the original metal band for both ends.
Regards John

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Rugby d40 Wire Sided Van/pick up

Hi John.....

Got your name on 3. The clamps are not included with these. Wish I had some, but they are easily made.

Will email you with shipping info.

Thanks.....Frank ---

I would like one too if there are any left..Also would like a water pump shaft for the 22A wp if you have any of those..
KN

Dear Frank,
I would like to purchace two of the couplings if available. Please let me know if possible.
Thank You,
Paul
P.S. I should be in your files. I have purchased several items from you in the past.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes, a 1923 and a 1926 Sedan

Frank ... you got me wondering again. This coupling is for what 4 cyl. My 35 parts catalogue only says it fits all models at 35 cents a coupling. The other half, clamps, screws, nuts and washers is 25 cents.

What is this other thing ? "Check out page 37 of the illustrated parts book" I assume you have a parts book and the rest of our family hasn't, or very few do.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Hi Norm....

The illustrated parts book is the one I reproduced a while back. It covers the M, M2, M4, and 40 4 cylinder cars and the R, 55, and 60 six cylinder cars. I have a few of these books remaining at $29.95 plus postage. It is the only ILLUSTRATED parts book for these models.

These couplings only fit the 4 cylinder models. The 6 cylinder cars take a longer 6 29/64 inch coupling or a 7 1/4 inch coupling only used on the Cuban export models!

I have never encountered any NOS 6 cylinder couplings, wonder where they all went.

Frank ---

Ah so your talking pre 30's cars then. Not the dirty 30's ha ha. Funny the 35 saying all cars pre and post 30 inc the Fronty. Thankfully the 32 is turning just fine when we had Dorothy running in April

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Frank'
Please put me down for one.
Thanks
Chuck

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Model F touring

Hi Chuck.....

Just thought I'd move this up to the front again.

I still have a large quanity of these remaining.....

Frank ---

Thanks Frank my order is the mail!
Chuck

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Model F Touring

HI FRANK
ADD TWO HOSES TO MY SPARK PLUG WIRE ORDER YOU ARE DOING. ALSO ANY NEWS ON THE GENERATOR AND STARTER AUTO LITE NAME TAGS?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 TOURING

The Durant Motors Automobile Club