Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Wondering....

About October of 2006 I noticed a 26 Star Coach on the Internet, advertised by a dealer, in Canton, OH, bought it and had it trucked to California. It looked (nearly) pure, and turned out to be almost as if new. I learned that a couple decided to use it as a "puzzle" in retirement, and took approximately 6 years to disassemble and reassemble it as new. Their work ethic is impressive. It runs as good as it looks -- no disappointment whatsoever. Looking through this venue, I don't find any other example, unrestored or restored. This car has a 6 cyl. Continental engine that also appears to be fully restored. After locating the son of the couple, he confirmed there was not one bit of Bondo or any shortcuts made by his "perfectionist" dad. In fact, all visible screws in the interior are perfectly aligned. The underside is varnished, painted and clean! Could it be that there are no other similar cars known to survive as this one has? (Photos in this website.) By the way, the support and information gained through this forum is awesome, and genuinely appreciated.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Star "R" 2 door coach

Re: Wondering....

hi ron
26 star mod. r sedans and coaches seem to be fairly rare.possibly their unsporty look helped with their early demise as they were probably owned by familys and not the jet set of the time.the height of the vehicle and its wood construction,that was not to ridged may have somthing to do with the survival of these models.
i have a 26 mod r sedan all orginal,upholstry ,wood drive train exc.
i did notice a diference in our engines,my 14l has exhaust outlet out the front.
the return waterline to the rad is in 2 peices on mine with a steel pipe in the middle,the middle peice of pipe has a bleeder screw in it?
brian boys

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26star r sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club