Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1959 Flim of Star Recovery

Recently Chuck Faulkner had all of his parents 8mm home movies converted to DVD. In them was a film of his Dad, Uncle and a friend dragging their (now his) 1925 Star out of the hills above Lake Isabella, California. Below is that 1959 film of the recovery and unloading at it's new home. I will add the movie to the car's current picture in the Photograhs section.

Thank you very much Chuck

Rick

Where Are You From? www.youtube.com/watch?v=t5yPfKdxW6Q

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Deluxe Sport Roadster

Re: 1959 Flim of Star Recovery

Hi Rick
I enjoyed viewing the 1925 Star recovery flick.
Bob

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

hey hey....
that is one fantastic find....what a thrill to see pics from so long ago....and a Star Car starring in the flick...great treat...thanx, gary

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 MODEL 70 COUPE & 1930 6-14 SEDAN

WOW Chuck.....What a great find!! And Rick,what a wonderful way to share it with the other members of this club. Imagine... tossing this disc into a portable player at next summers car show ... how impressive would that be? Maybe 49 years from now our kids will be doing the same with all of the videos we've been taking?

Outstanding archive film!! Neat looking tow truck, too!
The unloading technique indicates they had done this type of job before.
Makes you wonder, what happened to the rest of the old iron at the recovery site??

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C Touring, 1927 Star M Coupe

Enjoyed the film on the Star recovery, especialy the jacking tecniques (been there myself)...With my old dial-up connection it did take a few minutes to view...Thanks for the Great film...Bill

Thanks Rick, Fantastic.
Once again you have shared an amazing piece of history. Regards Barry

Do You own a car built by Durant? M40 Rugby Roadster

The Durant Motors Automobile Club