Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
ATTENTION ALL DURANTONIANS...NOW IS THE TIME

ATTENTION ALL CLUB MEMBERS,
NOW IS THE TIME TO GO OUT TO THE GARAGE OR SHOP AND FIND YOUR CAR'S HUBCAPS. TAKE PICTURES OF THREE VIEWS......
1. A TOP VIEW...STRAIGHT DOWN
2. A BOTTOM VIEW...LOOKING INTO BOTTOM HOLE OPENING
3. A SIDE VIEW....
NOW, MEASURE AND WRITE DOWN THE DISTANCE ACROSS THE CENTER FROM OUTER EDGE TO EDGE OF EACH VIEW AND SIDE VIEW'S "HEIGHT" FROM TOP TO BOTTOM.

NOW, SEND IGIGITAL COMPUTER PICTURES TO ME AT:
FROGGYSROD@COMCAST.NET

OR MAIL REGULAR PICTURES OR NEGATIVES OR DRAWINGS YOU MADE BY HAND TO ME AT:
GARY KAUFFMAN
3106 PLYMOUTH ROCK ROAD
PLYMOUTH MEETING, PA. 19462
U.S.A.

IF YOU HAVE NO COMPUTER, MAYBE YOU CAN ASK A CHILD OR FRIEND TO SCAN YOUR PICTURES AND SEND THEM ON HIS COMPUTER OR GO TO A LIBRARY AND THEY SHOULD BE ABLE TO HELP YOU DO IT.

THANX....AND HAPPY HOLIDAYS FROM MY FAMILY TO YOU AND YOURS.......REGARDS, GARY K

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 MODEL 70 COUPE & 1930 6-14 SEDAN

Re: ATTENTION ALL DURANTONIANS...NOW IS THE TIME

OOPS, THAT IS DIGITAL PICS, NOT IGIGITAL PICS....GARY

Hi Gary......

I wanted one of those new fangeled igigital cameras for Christmas. Guess that is why Cathy had a hard time finding one !!

Good you wern't an english teacher.........

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

REPORT CARD

WITKOWSKI, FANK..........SPELLING........."F"

TEACHER: MR. KAUFFMAN

NOW MEN....READ THIS AGAIN AND DO NOT FORGET TO ACT...GARY

ok...read this over and over and over again...until SOMEONE ACTUALLY DOES IT !!!!!!!!....gary

Gary

I read it! I have not made a New Year's Resolution as of yet. I usually never achieve those that I do make, but maybe i will make a resolution to read this post more often or even complete the requirements of the post.

anyway

Happy New Year

Your Team CSI

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Gary
Would be glad to be able to comply --BUT---I dont have any caps

sorry bout that
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant deluxe rumble seat coupe

Gary
I'll be working on my Durant this afternoon and tomorrow, so I'll get the pictures of the caps I have on my model 65 for you. I'll send them to you by tomorrow evening.

Mike

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Model 65 4dr

OK MEN....EVERY LITTLE RESPONSE HELPS....GORD HAS SENT HIS FRONTENAC CAP PICS, GARY Y IS WORKING ON HIS....AND CHARLIE SPITZ IS KEEPING IT IN MIND....NOW HOW ABOUT THE REST OF YOU.........ON YOUR MARK/GET SET/ GO........HAPPY NEW YEAR....GARY K

Humm I think you hit the nail on the head as to why you aren't getting replies, I quote "IF YOU HAVE NO COMPUTER". If one hasn't a PC how would one read your posting in the 1st place ? ha ha. Must go with that special camera Frank didn't get.

If you come up to the land of ice and snow and bring your axe , pick and shovel with you, you might get into the shed where Dorothy is. Then we can get pics of the adjustable spoke wheels and caps. I would think our 6 1/2 caps are the same 30 - 32 with dished sides not round like the early 30's.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

I could fool some with pictures of the front of mine but from the backside, all could tell they are 2 pound castings from Argentina. I have one orig, but it's very ugly, so will leave the '31 model 619 caps (6 inch backs) for wire wheels to the lucky one who has good originals.
Wayne

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

well...norm played a real toone on us...i never thought of the fact that non-pc'ers didnot see the request.....however....what about all of you that did?
How about looking at the hidden away pics you have...or literature you own and see if you can send something from that.....now thats a "different toon"....isn't it......or at least, "a horse of a different color"......that's an expression some of you never heard,.....laughter is the best medicine.....regards, gary k

Ah thanks Wayne .. wondered about 6 in caps, so they are 619's. Its those Ford A type caps / wheels I'm also curious about. Have seen them on 28/ 29's and Charlies 619. They don't look right for Durant's, ok on A's. I'd sure like a set of 6 1/2's as Dorothy's are, look but don't touch nor drive her on the street. Held on by rust strips and grace of God, plus dented everywhere. Look not bad in the pic on this site but pic's can make most things look good, if you are far enough away.

Cute Gary .... how about Car Toone or our Loonie and Toonie money. Why do you think I use Looneytune on Ebay ? Not everyone has movies and money named after them. And that's about as close to actually having any $$, as I'll ever get. You are watching too much old time movies "horse of a different colour". Wizard of Oz stuff.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club