Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Old DFR Durant Standard Magazines

I have a large quantity of duplicate (actually triplicate) Durant Standard magazines from the old Durant Family Registry. I have probably 98% of the issues from Volume 4 to Volume 22. Not all are mint condition. Lots of information in them. Prefer to sell in one lot, but if there isn't any interest will sell individual issues.$75 plus shipping.

Dave

Re: Old DFR Durant Standard Magazines

They're sold already !!!
And Frank said he couldn't type fast......

Frank you bum you beat me to it! Glad they went to good hands.

Mike

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Model 65 4dr

I should have a look and see what I have --I know I have quite a few of the old family registry but dont know which issues--I will look tomorrow and decide if I want to sell them or not. Maybe someone would get more use out of them than I do.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant-deluxe rumble seat coupe

Congratulations Frank....Be sure to put insurance on those babies. Robert Porter donated a complete set of the Durant Family Registry to the DMAC and mailed them to me. They never arrived and there was no insurance for us to file claim. Bob only received back from the USPS the label and that was all. Often wonder if they are showing up on eBay a few issues at a time. Oh well ...

Yates

Yates
I bet there sitting in a dark corner of the postal regional warehouse somewhere, probably in Greensboro or Raleigh. Someday they will turn up, I'll bet ya.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Model 65 4dr

Dave
I see that we were members of the club during a few of the same years. I have a stack of the old magazinres as well. I have from voume 4 to volume 18 but am missing 4 issues. Missing vol 5 issue 1--volume 13 issues 1, 2, and 3. I have the rest .Guess those were the days when I was away from home a lot because of work and didnt get my renewal in on time. Then I dropped out for a while because of work travels.
I would sell these as well if anyone is interested. Make me an offer and dont forget that the buyer must also pay the shipping or mail costs.There are 56 issues I believe.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1

Hi all,
I think that will be great to digitalize the full collection and posted on the DMAC web site under
"members login" to share with all Durant partners members.

what´s your opinion about ?
it's will be possible?

Dave, I'm interested , could you ask postal service the cost of shipping to Argentina
Can I pay it by PAYPAL ?
Thanks

Do You own a car built by Durant? Durant Rugby 1928 M2 and 1929 M4 Touring

Walter: I think that yours is a great idea and just the kind of information and details that this club's members need, I also would like to take it a step futhure and suggest that all the club magazines be committed to this site in the same manner including the new ones (a month or two after distrubtion). GREAT IDEA WALTER

We still have lots of back issues of the Partner, sales of those issues help defray printing costs. Now if some person or persons wanted to scan the collection Durant Standard magazines and put them on a CD they would be preserving an important piece of history and information.

Rick

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Deluxe Sport Roadster

I'd be happy to scan and index if someone could loan them to me.

I have a large collection and would be very happy if yo did it.

Rick

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Deluxe Sport Roadster

Maybe need think this through. Could be a disincentive to join DMAC. Some of us like paper copies in the mail but many would be happy to get the info on-line. Could go that route but it's a big step. maybe do the old ones archive-type(?).

hey look, i can type with 2 fingers on one hand. Got home from hospital today - operation on my left wrist to put steel in it like the right one - the break had slipped out of place. just had to check the web forum mail. If it wasn't stainless steel i could start to rust like an old Durant.

Wayne

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

A digitized and index library of the old club mag's would be a real plus. If it only accessible member login then it force membership to reap the benefit of the library.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Model F Touring

Right you are Wayne ... some of us get very little out of the club being orphans with orphan cars. Joining DMAC nets us 4 mags, no roster or membership card. Sore point for a lot of us non US residents and why members don't rejoin. Now you want to take the mags away too. We don't have a pot of gold to fly to meets or PC's with all the bells and whistles to use flash and other devices to see archived info.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

HEY NORME....THE MAGAZINE WON'T BE TAKEN AWAY....JUST PUT INTO LIBRARY FOR REFERENCE...NEW MEMBERS IN FUTURE AND THOSE WHO CANNOT SAVE THEM FOREVER....
I AM SURE THAT IS THE INTENTION....AND IT WOULD BE A WAY TO SEE THE ONES YOU NEVER GOT BEFORE JOINING.
THATS WHAT I WOULD HOPE!!!!!!
REGARDS, GARY K

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 MODEL 70 COUPE & 1930 6-14 SEDAN

Garry: You hit the nail right on the head, that was the intention of my suggestion to take it a step forward. As for the extra copies in stock That Rick mentioned, he should put them for sale in the Culb store and offer back copies to any new members at a rate to differ printing cost. Perhaps these suggestions will shed some light on a lot of questions currently being asked in this forum and to help fill in areas of the tech pages.

It sure would be a good idea to put the old DFR magazines on a CD for sale. We have a complete set and I know we refer to them quite often. We even have the 10 year index that member Ray Zenz compiled and Jeff Gillis published. What we will need then is a complete index for all 23 years.

Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

Gord
Would there be a chance of getting a copy of the ten year index you have ? I for one would sure be able to use it .

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant-deluxe rumble seat coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club