Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parts

Hello!
As an Essex owner, I've found that Essex and Durant shared some hard-to-find parts; noteably the Clum lighting switch and the leverless stewart tank. Even the same reverse orientation of the parts on the starter bendix.

I am posting in the hopes that some Durant owners might know of sources for reproduction parts for the leverless vacuum tank or the Clum lighting switches?

Thank You,
David

Where Are You From? www.tradeslang.com/1929essex.htm

Do You own a car built by Durant? No

Re: Parts

Just found on Ebay Motors a Clum switch. Item #320193314735 up for grabs.

Just to let you know, that switch ended up selling for (drum roll please) $176.00
I hit the swap meets and found enough bad ones to be able to take them apart and make one good one for my '29.

David, A couple of years ago, I looked for Clum parts and didn't find much. I did find a reproduction switch made for a Model T, but nothing else. You're correct, there are number of parts that Durant's shared with other car companies and I been surprised by what I've found when working on my own car. You may want to look into Willy Overland cars, I found the wheels and front bumper on a 1927 Willy Collegiate Roadster to the same ones used on my 1929 Durant Roadster.
Rick

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Deluxe Sport Roadster

The Durant Motors Automobile Club