Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
NEED A 6 CYL. OHV DURANT MOTOR FOR A HISTORIC VINTAGE RACE CAR WITH DOCUMANTATION OF THIS MOTOR

AM LOOKING FOR A DURANT 6 CYLINDER OHV MOTOR FOR A HISTORIC VINTAGE RACE CAR WITH PHOTOS OF THIS MOTOR.
I WOULD LIKE TO RESTORE IT TO THE CORRECT PERIOD MOTOR. IF YOU HAVE ANY INFORMATION ON A MOTOR FOR SALE OR WOULD LIKE TO KNOW THE HISTORY OF THIS GREAT CAR PLEASE CALL 1-717-485-4838 OR E-MAIL AT 28HEN@EMBARQMAIL.COM

Do You own a car built by Durant? I OWN A VINTAGE RACE CAR WITH A DURANT 6 MOTOR

Re: NEED A 6 CYL. OHV DURANT MOTOR FOR A HISTORIC VINTAGE RACE CAR WITH DOCUMANTATION OF THIS MOTOR

I have a continental red seal 6 cylinder engine and gear box the engine has been reconditioned and the gear box has new clutch. It is out of a D63 Durant tourer right hand drive. If you are still looking for parts send me an e-mail
Regards keith

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes 1929 D63 Tourer

Re: NEED A 6 CYL. OHV DURANT MOTOR FOR A HISTORIC VINTAGE RACE CAR WITH DOCUMANTATION OF THIS MOTOR

Didn't Durant use a six cylinder overhead valve engine in the Durant B40, 1922-26 era? Ansted?

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Yes the only Durant with an ohv 6 was the Ansted powered B-22 (1922-23) or a Princeton which is even harder to find.

Walter Miller has some beautiful old Ansted engine brochures for sale. Check ebay.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club