Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Installation of rear Motor Mounts.

Hi Fellows,

Hope You can help me. Iam in the process of installing
new motor mounts in my Rugby. Have installed the front two but the installation of the rear ones has
me a little baffled. As the the mount itself is riverted on to The chasis unlike the front that is
bolted on. Has any one replaced these over the past years and could give me some guidance it would be appreciated.
Regards John

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D40 Rugby Wire Sided Van/Pick up

Re: Installation of rear Motor Mounts.

What year is your car?
My car has only rubber mounts on the rear of the engine with is enclosed in a square box that is bolted shut with two bolts. And the square box is riveted to the frame.
Support the engine and unbolt the cover from the mount housing. Pry the old rubber out and replace with a new set.
Hope this helps.
Franz Fraitzl

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star

John, Look at Sid Semples modern engine mount conversion under Special Interest Page on Club Web Site. Sid lives at Biloela near you.
Regards
Phil Donoghoe

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 1929 D66 Deluxe Sedan

John,
Gave you a bum steer, Look under Tech Page, Modern Improvements, Elec pump/Motor Mounts; I think Sid said the mounts were from a Ford Cortina! Sids email is spsemple@tpg.com.au Phone 07 4992 3398 or mobile 0408 389 394.
Regards
Phil D.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 1929 D66 Deluxe Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club