Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
need parts and help

After a great conversation with Rick I'm taking his suggestion and posting on your club forum. I have just purchased my Star a couple of weeks ago and I'm in need of a body for it. I'm open to what is out there but my wife and I are really partial to the touring body. the wheel base on mine is 102". If anyone could help me I would be very greatful. I'm not a club member YET, but Rick has been very convincing. I have been very impressed with what I have seen here and hope to talk with some of you soon.My e-mail is mrmmiller@charter.net

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star model F

Re: need parts and help

Hi Mike......

Welcome to the world of Durant & Star !

Do consider joining us, there are a lot of people in this Club who will help you with your car, One of the things you may consider for your chassis is to build a depot hack, delivery truck or station wagon, while you search for a touring body. Check out the photographs section to see some fine examples.

The stuff is out there you just have to search and put the word out about what you are looking for. You would be surprised at what I have found. I've pulled cars out of barns and garages that the locals said "No old cars around here".

Remember also that our National Meet next year is in Oregon. Plan on attending and meet fellow Durantonians. We will welcome you . Check out the fun we had in Auburn just click on the 2007 tour button.....

See y'all in Oregon Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Stars and a Durant-Dort buggy

The Durant Motors Automobile Club