Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tillotsen Carb.

I have a Tillotsen Carb. Model L 1A, on my 1923 A22 Durant, I am in need of some parts for it, mainly the (Main Nozzle0, NOS or good used. Any suggestions where I might be able to locate some NOS or used?
Thanking you for any help that you can give.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A22 four door sedan

Re: Tillotsen Carb.

I think I have one - had it in auburn. Will check to see if I got home with it.

I think everything I took is in one place, if not you'll have to allow me some time. I'm kind of slow just now. See below - I wrote this up to send to friends who might want to know. I know how fortunate I am. Group - Please do not distract from Ken's Posting by responding to me.

Wayne Farrand
Hello friend and thanks for caring.

I am physically about helpless at the moment and am learning how to keyboard with my two middle fingers since they stick out of my casts the furthest. This past weekend my deer hunting tree stand gave way and put me in a heap 14 ft below. As I got to my knees I thanked God immediately knowing I could probably make the quarter mile to my truck without help. I saw right away both my wrists were broken, as I caught my fall facing forward. But once again, God was good to me by minimizing what could have been. When I arrived at my truck, I found He had provided an interest in one of 2 of a kind lady's dogs so it had run off on their morning walk on the nearby bike trail. So she was still there calling to it unknowingly waiting for a broken hunter to come out of the woods. I am convinced that something caught the dog's interest on purpose that day to delay their leaving. I've seen her walking on the trail most times I'm hunting in the area and she was always gone by 9:00 and I got to my truck at 10:00 that day. I couldn't even get my keys out of my pocket to get at my cell phone (inside the truck- don't usually have service there in the valley anyway). So then, having fulfilled its wayward purpose for the moment, the dog returned and (name available on request) brought me 30 miles to DM and medical help. At that point survival was not a question, but God's providence shows in small ways too. By the time I arrived at Methodist hospital for surgery, the ortho surgeon on call was a family friend and Christian hand surgeon. They say my hip is OK, only bruised, but you can't prove that by me - very painful to walk. I have a pretty nasty hobble so I am mostly sitting around popping pain pills. At this point my badly bruised hip joint is a limiting factor that might need further attention. Got a few life skills and things to learn how to do with only fingers that wiggle a bit - think about that.

I now have some screws and plate in my right wrist and a couple pins in my left. So I may be close to normal someday I think. Jan is a great nurse.

There are no excuses for falling from trees but i did find my factory built tree stand broke where the chain attaches.

To my staff - I'll be checking my email. Am happy for contacts but covet prayers for healing.

Wayne Farrand

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Wayne,
Our prayers for you are being said for your speedy recovery. Here in Michigan their have been in the news at least 3 cases where tree stands have let go while being used, and where injuries have been more critical.
Sorry about the fall but thank GOD that you were being watch over, and that your injuries were not any worst than they are.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A22

Wayne
You are in our prayers and a speedy recovery for sure!

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Model 65 4dr

Ken:
I seem to be doing well, considering. Thank you for your concern. Find your 1A parts yet? I tried to check thru some of my boxes, but didn't see the 1A Tillotson that I thought I had. But I couldn't really dig into things either. So it may be there. I don't remember anybody picking it up in Auburn but that is possible - maybe somebody seeing this may recall. If I ever find it, it's yours cheap.
Wayne

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Thanks Wayne,
I have not at this time located any parts. I do have a person that is a specialtist in Carb. repair and he is also trying to locate the parts needed. The car is now up on jacks for the Winter. I will let you know if we are able to find the parts needed.
It's nice to hear that you are doing well in recovery.
Ken Brink

Today I found out that all I need for my Tillotsen Carb model L1A is the (needle & seat)the part that connects to the Float. Is there any suggestions as to where I can locate one, new or good used?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Durant A22

I am in need of a metal float for my Tillotson L1A Carb. it's possible that one from a 1924 or 1925 Tillotson Carb. might work.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 A22 Durant 4 Door Sedan

i have a tillotson jr 1A carb is this compatable? i could sell in parts if it will help let me know.
brian

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 STAR 6 SEDAN

Have you tried the fellow in the US who has kits or repairs carb for any US made car ever made ? Had to laugh as had nothing for 6-18, Frontys or 31 - 33 Canadian Durant's on his list. Seems they don't answer emails ,call or visit, but list 1921 - 1931 D's, DeVaux and Continental cars. Tillotson, Rayfield, Stromberg, Marvel. Nothing mentioned for my Tillotson J4A or Tims former J6A

http://www.thecarburetorshop.com/PkitD.htm

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club