Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Flint Fenders

I was looking at a Flint rear fender on ebay. It looks it would fit on my star. The part number on the fender is listed as 30598 but I don't have any information to verify its application. There are also front fenders available and I would like to know if it is possible that they would fit my car. Any help appreciated, Brian.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Model R

Re: Flint Fenders

Hi Brian

Those Flint fenders will not work on your car. The fenders for your car will have part numbers :

22566 right front with bead
23722 right front without bead
22567 left front with bead
23721 left front without bead
22826 right rear with bead
23724 right rear without bead
22827 left rear with bead
23723 left rear without bead

Check out pages 67 & 68 of the parts book you got from me....

Hope this helps....Good luck with your car

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Stars and a Durant-Dort buggy

Thanks for the reply Frank. I guess I was thinking the two cars may share the same part but not the same part number. If that makes any sense!

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star Model R

Hi Brian.....

If the parts are shared between cars the part number will be the same.

A Flint is a much larger car, kind of like a Star on steroids!

Frank ---

Frank,
In reading your note to Brian, you mentioned a parts book? Do you have one available for sale? if so, I sure could use one. Sounds like you are the clubs parts source man. That is great news! Now that winter is coming on, I'll be making up a list of parts I NEED, and how to install / repair some of 'em. I have a '27 Star coupe in fair condition,and a '24 Star that used to be a touring. ( NEEDS a LOT of work
).

Thanks, Andrew

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes.... 1927 Star Coupe & what's left of a '24 Star touring

Hi Andrew....

Yes I have reproduced the illustrated parts book that covers the Durant & Star models M,M2,M4, and 40 for the four cylinder cars and the R,55, and 60 for the six cylinder cars. It also has the supplemental parts list for the California Star cars with 4 wheel brakes. The cost is $29.95 plus shipping.

I also reproduced the repair manual that covers the 4 cylinder cars Models C-CC-F-M-M2-M4 cost is $25 plus shipping.

Buy both books for $55.00 and I will ship to the US or Canada for free.

Thanks....Frank ---

The Durant Motors Automobile Club