Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parts Man Frank Witkowski

Hello Durant, Star Car Owners.
I am in the process of selling our dear faithful member Frank Witkowski most of my Durant and Star parts so I am advising everyone to contact Frank for parts from now on. The city of San Diego is forcing me to get rid of everything. Frank is becoming the man to go to as he bought the deceased member Ray Zenz Durant parts collection and a couple other ones. I have shipped lots of very rare hard to find stock Star and Durant parts like the scare proper factory air cleaners that fit the Durant cars from 1928 through 1931 with the crankcase breather tube and restored perfect 1930, 31 Durant radiator emblems, the stock Delco hydraulic lever shocks with the factory links, lots of silvered headlight reflectors, rechromed bumpers, a pair of perfect black powdercoated bullet headlights with rings for the 26-28 Star. Durant and Star headlight rings (doors), water pumps, reworked timing chain covers by Kenyon Machine Shop with new modern wiper seal, a brand new chrome plated 30,31 Durant wire wheel snap rim, etc, etc, etc. We have photographed all these parts for frank and we are still sending Frank items.
So the main man to get your hard to find parts authentic is now Frank Witkowski in Pennsylvania.
Faithfully Lance Haynes
San Diego, Ca.

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? a whole bunch of them.

Re: Parts Man Frank Witkowski

Hi All.....

Thanks Lance. When you said you were sending me a "few" parts I never expected the amount that has shown up. When I saw the Fed Ex man last week he asked me if I was Johnny Cash (remember the song "One Piece At A Time") Said he was sure that he had brought me at least one or two cars already.

Also just got back from Auburn with the remaining Durant Factory parts. And have a couple more surprise collections in the works.

Hope to have it all inventoried by the first of the year.

If any Club members are near the Hookstown, Pensylvania area be sure to stop in at Durant Motors East. I should have room to walk around soon.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort Buggy

Frank

I could have told you that there were enough parts at Lance's house to build several cars......oh, and I heard last night that there are more to come....FedEx will be at your door a lot.

charlie

Hi All....

Well Charlie there is now no fear of California slipping into the ocean. A lot of weight has now been transfered to the East coast.

I think Fed Ex is now hiring more people just to meet the demands of the route from San Diego to Hookstown.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort Buggy

Hey Frank, better remember your FedEx man at Christmas I can feel California rising from the tonnage moving to Hooksville. It's kind of like a seesaw, You now see what we saw.

Rick

The Durant Motors Automobile Club