Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
WE NEED YOUR HELP

Hi Y'all,

Thought maybe a new post on the website might help our current President, Rick Botti, with his previous request for help on articles for the Durant Partner.

Our Durant Partner Editor, Carol Fogarazzo, stated to me that she needed articles for the magazine. Doris and I both plan to submit articles for the upcoming issue.

One quote from the DFR closure letter sent to members in 1998 read " All has been said that needs to be said". I DON'T THINK SO !!!! We have just started and each of us can contribute to our magazine.

Having been Editor for a HCC Region and a AACA Region I realize Carols concern.

Want the DMAC to fail?? Then do nothing... Want it to continue to thrive and move forward ?? Then send an article to Carol, who has done a magnificant job with our magazine. The magazine and website are our only source for continued growth. Please help..

Yates
Founding Pres.

Re: WE NEED YOUR HELP

Yates
Already spoke with Carol this morning and will have an article on the Auburn meet to her by late next week. Remember you don't have to be a professional writer to ship her an article. Write it, type it or whatever and send it to her, she'll clean it up for you and get it published. Even if you have found an article in another car magazine and want to comment on it, or have that certain short cut you've discovered that would help all us out who are restoring our cars, just send it in to her.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Durant Model 65

Hi all....

I have 2 articles I'm sending to Carol, one about the travels of Miss Dussie, and the other on the "Lost" Durant parts stash of Auburn, Now located in Hookstown.

To echo what Yates and Mike said. Please help out YOUR Club. We all like to read articles. Get them in to Carol. We need to fill 4 magazines a year, and your help is needed to do it.

See Y'all in Oregon.......Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Stars and a Durant-Dort buggy

Thanks Yates, Mike, Rick and Frank... for this post calling for articles. We expect this issue to be a big one, and I would love to hear from anyone who has a story, or something to share. Many of us have recently returned from the largest gathering of Durantonians to date. I am sure there must have been some memories made that you would like to share. This is a group of great people, and we are all hungry to hear stories about anything Durant family.
Do not worry if you can not write, or be shy... I will help you along with whatever it is you would like to say. Images are welcome as well!

Do You own a car built by Durant? Many

Well this seems to echo the various clubs up this neck of the woods. AACO 1965 almost folded this year and its a maybe one more yr if something doesn't happen. CCA 1975 is asking members to help take on parts of the club. ACCCC Rideau Region is shaky and looking for members. Antique cars was all the rage in the 60's but like many fads, they eventually change and die out.

Looks like the old timers are dying off or loosing interest with muscle cars of the 60 /70's the in thing. Pre war cars are now museaum pieces in younger eyes. The Ont govmt isn't helping either with the constant crushing of cars and closing of yards all over the province. We lost one yard in 2006 that had a 31 Durant sedan still with lights, rad and wheels on it plus 2000 other cars of the 20 - 60's. Another is slated for March 2008 with 29 D motor and rad plus older cars. One up Timmins Ont a week ago with 30's and up. Eco boys hunt out these yards and force the crushing of cars after X months in a yard.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Don't worry folks this club is going only up. We have more faithful volunteers and members and money in the bank over $10,000.00 now and a club store full of parts and merchandise all paid for, a museum fund , life memberships and the best magazine editor in the business, a great dedicated hard working president and secretary/ treasure and staff and chapters and 2008 , and 2009 meets are both spoken for and being planned while you are reading this. Plus we have the best reason to have a old car club cause we are real history with the cars of the founder of GM and Chevrolet Mr. William C. Durant. Go DMAC, go, yes yes.
Later Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? a whole bunch of them.

Hi Y'all,
Lance is on the money when he says we are on the way up. No doom or gloom in the DMAC. Auburn was the largest gathering since the start up the club. You will see that in the next issue of the Durant Partner.
I did not mean to give the idea that we were in trouble but just to get a few of us up and sending in articles.
Everyone who has a car pictured in the Photographs Section of the website has a story to tell. An article from each would provide enough material to last for years.
For the most part for those answering the post I guess I was "singing to the choir".
Get your articles in to Carol..

Your Durant Partner...

Yates

As editor of the Partner Carol will need articles for the magazine, both for the next issue and for future ones. The next will be what I call a double issue, and will contain the most pages in it's history. But our editor wants to be working a couple of issues ahead, so stories and other information can added as needed in a timely fashion and assure that the will magazine make to the printer on time.

2008 is just around the corner and it will have four issues to fill, most of the membership has far more information and experience than they give themselves credit for, just look at some of the information in this forum. It's my wish that everyone will send her a story or information of some kind, she will smooth out any rough edges if needed and the information will be used by others.

Let's keep 'em rolling.

Rick Botti

The Durant Motors Automobile Club