Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
33 Durant

I just wish to thank all the members who have
e-mailed me regarding my 1933 Durant sedan. I am pleased to state that a fellow member has purchased the car and it will soon be on it's way to a new home. He plans to pickup where, I left off in the restoration of this extrememly rare automobile. Thanks again Tim & Carolyne Orr

Re: 33 Durant

Who is the lucky guy ????

Dave

Hello members,

This car is being sold at the web site dessertclassics.com. The asking price is $14,000. Just thought you might like to know.

Dennis

Correction it should be desertclassics.com
Dennis

Dennis:
I can't seem to find it on that web site. Nothing resembling a Durant. Do you have any other particulars.
Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

Gord,
At the site click on restorable cars and then click on antique and classics.
Dennis

Gord,
I forwarded you a copy via email of the information I was sent.

Dennis

Here is the direct link.

http://desertclassics.com/antique2.html

Where Are You From? desertclassics.com/antique2.html

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Deluxe Sport Roadster

**** that's her. Saved finally from becoming a rod and trucked out west to BC we were told to be restored. Should have gone to a museaum in Canada at least. Shame as a family car from beginning to be lost to Tim's daughter to carry on the car. I can imagine the aunt turning in her grave over this. This maen she's gone to the US instead ?

"Durant, 1933 Model 633 sedan ultra-scarce $14,000"

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

I think that this ad was made up before Tim sold the car out west. The pictures that Dennis sent me were all taken in Tim's garage in Ontario, and the info that Dennis got says that the car is still in Ontario. Maybe the car will still be restored.
Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

Gord,
The email was just sent to me today or yesterday.
I don't know what the story is with this car.
Dennis

hi gord
this is confusing is the car here in bc or not if it is and i can find the owner i my be able to make a deal to keep it here the e mail posted does not respond?
brian boys

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 star 27star

What email, Tim's as shown in the 1st posting ?

Norm
Brian may have been referring to the email address at the site location. It took a day for me to receive a response back. The email I received from my inquiry to DesertClassics, said the car was located in southern Ontario, Canada.

Hope this clears up the confusion.

Dennis

Hey Denis .. haven't heard back from Tim yet in Facebook

I thought this car had gone to a club member. If it's back on the market, still could be hot rod fodder! Sounds like someone decided to make a quick flip and make some $.

If Tim sold the car in Oct how come its listed in Montana still ? Are they that slow to update their site 3 months later and tell Dennis all the info on it two days ago ? Pic's could be the ones Tim used on DMAC photo pages which explains why Gord knew them from Tim's garage. Somethings off kilter here.

Hi All......

I've been following these posts and we need to take a breath of air and regroup.

The car is NOT for sale. It was purchased late last year and moved to a professional restoration shop. It is NOT being rodded. It is being given the care and propper restoration that it deserves.

The current owner IS a Club member, who wishes to remain quiet at this time. I have been in contact with him TODAY 1-28-2008. He assures me the car is in good hands and will remain a true Durant.

He purchased the car to keep it from being "rodded" and hopes for it to be in a museum some day. Maybe we should focus on forming a non profit museum to help preserve these Durant Motors items before they dissapear.

Just thought I should set the record straight......

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

Thanks for clearing that up Frank, it's good to know there is a happy ending to the story of this rare car.

Rick

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Deluxe Sport Roadster

Thanks Frank .. Thought you were building this museum your talking about. Don't you own close to 1000 Durant rolling products now. lol ? You could place the Ford A's outside for the kids to play on and demolish while the adults admire the D Motors cars inside. Oops was that another smear againts Fords ? grin.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club