Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
California fires

Just watching the news and thinking of all our friends from the club living in the path of that monster blaze. I send my sincere wish that they all come thru it safe and sound. Lance--take good care of all the great cars you have there in San Diego. I think we are all pulling for you folks. You have our prayers.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Deluxe Rumble Seat Coupe

Re: California fires

Very Well Said Ken !

Cathy & I echo you thoughts and prayers.

Take care everybody.......

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Stars and a Durant-Dort buggy

Ken

thanks for your concern.....I talked to Lance yesterday....where he lives in Clairmont there is very little chance of fire risk right now.

If you are not aware, Peg and I own a home in San Diego, and our neighborhood was evacuated yesterday....while the fires are a few miles to the north and east.....with winds at 50 mph or more...the fires could move quickly

http://www.cbs8.com/

that link has some good maps to show the extent of all of the fires in San Diego

Peg and I are in NJ this week, and are not planning on going to SD until 11/12......notice I said planning.

While I do not want to put all of the info on the board, there have been 500,000 people evacuated, 400,000 acres of land burned, and over 600 homes destroyed. Some of these homes were just rebuilt from the 2004 fires.....

charlie

Hello brother and sister DMAC members.
First of all thank you for your concerns and prayers. Very tough scary situation here in San Diego. We don’t get hardly any rain here ever and the last year and a half we have got less than 4 inches. So everything inland is real dry.
I am in no danger now! Lots of non stop smoke and very hot out. No A/C in my house and we can’t open any windows or doors just way too much smoke.
My son lives in eastern part of Ramona and he is camped out there with no water inside there house and his wife and kids are in a hotel on the ocean with his wife’s dad and her sister.
I am of course very very worried after 4 years and $60,000.00 being put in to the 1931 Durant 619 that I sold Charlie and is locked in Charlie’s Western home here in San Diego and the freeway there is shut down. So we can’t even play our NFL football game here this Sunday cause of so many evacuees living at Qualcomm stadium now with no home to go to.
The housing loss is now over 1,000 homes and growing hourly. President Bush flies in tomorrow. The community outpouring is absolutely unbelievable. They actually had to say stop bring goods and volunteers to Qualcomm and other refuge centers. Amazing. Anyway thanks again for your cares. God bless.
Lance San Diego

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? a whole bunch of them.

Lance and Charlie,

Our prayers are extended to you both as well as others who have suffered from the fires.

Your Durant Partners....

Yates and Doris

Our prayers and thoughts go out to our San Diego Durant friends. Those fires shown our TV channels look a lot worse than the ones we suffered in 2003. Trust that providence sees you through.
Phil D.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 D-66

Lance, Charlie et al

Mary Carolyne and I extend our prayers for your safe deliverance from this terrible problem. I just cannot imagine what you are going through. Best of luck to you all.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac 1932

My thoughts and prayers are with everyone in the San Diego area. I have experienced my own home on fire and know how miserable it really is.

Keep faith,
Rick

Thanks for your concerns

The biggest problem that Peg and I have is not knowing what is going on...we are in NJ and trying to reach our neighbors in San Deigo has not been successful.

Charlie

with a son and daughter-in-law in the Los Angeles area, Marcia and I are keeping our "Good Wishes and Prayer" candles lit for the whole fire threatened area and all our friends and fellow citizens.
Heaven protect them all in this terrible time.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 MODEL 70 COUPE & 1930 6-14 SEDAN

I see the news in portuguese tv . Take care everybody.
ramiro pinto

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes a Rugby 1926

Hay Charles. Our thoughts & prayers to all of you who live in the L.A. area

The fires have been on our news here in the UK and haveing lived in Australia for a while where they often have the same problem I understand how devastating they can be.
Our thoughts are with all you guys, keep safe
Barry & Pauline

Dear Friends,
Our prayers and thoughts go out to all peple who is suffering.

we saw by TV a very big disaster and hope that fire finish as soon as possible

with our best wishes for all
Walter and gladys

Thanks to our Durant Friends

Peg and I are on the East Coast and safe.....our San Diego house is OK, we learned via email yesterday.

While I have not talked to Lance in a couple of days, he lives in an area of San Diego that is out of harms way. He has the smoke from the fires passing through his neighborhood, but not the fires.

Thanks for all of your prayers, and we ask that you continue to pray.....the fires are not out, and there are still people that could lose their homes.

Thanks

Charlie

Our thoughts and prayers are with all of you. It is hard to completely imagine what you are going through. Look to God for consolation and hope. He will help you through this.
Dave and Marilyn

Do You own a car built by Durant? I will in 2 weeks when I pick it up in Long Beach, Ca

The Durant Motors Automobile Club