Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Can anyone please help????

Hello all, I hope someone can advise us. We have a 1926 Rugby 4 cylinder M model. At the moment we are restoring the car including the engine, and have the opportunity to buy a partly restored 1924 Rugby 4 cylinder F model. Can we use this engine and finish restoring in place of ours? in advance because I have faith in the people with knowledge on this forum.

Les & Josie Young

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Rugby Tourer M

Re: Can anyone please help????

According to the specs on Terri K's site, Durantcars.com, the Rugby M & F are the same as the 192 Star M & F, I see the displacement, piston size etc appear to be the same. How about it Durantonians, anyone know the specific model of the Continental motor used in the Star M & F?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Model 65 4dr

Re: Can anyone please help????

Les, check that the '25 engine has the crankcase oil fill tube mounted on the timing chain COVER (W5 engine) instead on top of the timing chain CASE (W4 engine). The "F" models used the W4 engine (3 1/8" bore)until late '25 or very early '26. There seems to be an overlapping use of these engines in that time period. The W5 engine has a 3 3/8" bore.
Also check the rear, top of the cylinder head for the W4 or W5 casting number.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star C Touring, 1927 Star M Coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club