Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Signed model car from Auburn at my door.

Hi All. Wow a fantastic surprise today when Charlie Spitz from NJ showed up here in San Diego with this pink wrapped 1934 Cord model car with 44 of your signatures on it from the Durant annual meet in Auburn. Course they used the pick wrapping paper cause I was kidding everyone that I was going to paint the traveling Duesenberg pink. Ha. That was a whole lot of fun. Beautiful car with a base and the hood and truck and doors open up too. Really neat. I have it on my fireplace mantel for everyone to see. Me very touched and proud. Thank you all from the bottom of my heart. I'll send some pictures of the car to Rick as I don't know how to post them.
Faithfully Lance Haynes San Diego

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? a whole bunch of them.

Re: Signed model car from Auburn at my door.

hello LANCE
WE WOULD NOT FORGET YOU AND WISHED YOU WERE WITH US. I WILL SEND A DISK OF PICS YOUR WAY IN A FEW DAYS...I AM STILL EDITING THE 600 I TOOK. HOPE YOU ARE DOING AS WELL AS POSSIBLE....REGARDS, GARY K

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 MODEL 70 COUPE & 1930 6-14 SEDAN

Gary

Only 600, you are short a few....ha ha. of the total that we sent to Rick and Carol. BTW, since I was taking pics, I am only in one or two that i have, if you have one with peg and I please send electronically.....thanks

I took pics of Lance opening the pink package. Once he gets them to Rick, they can be posted. He was really suprised when I showed up at his door with the package.

He really looked at all of the signatures. He was touched by the thoughfulness of the DMAC.

Charlie

Some pictures of me receiving a beautiful 1936 Cord model car signed
by 44 members of my great Durant Motors automobile Club out at our
clubs annual meet in Auburn Indiana. Yes yes. Really neat. Love it. Lance

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Hi Lance.......

Thought you might like it.

Just our way of saying Thanks, and a way for you to have a
piece of Auburn (a Cord anyway!)

See Y'all in Oregon.....Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort Buggy

Excellent photos if I do say so myself

charlie

CHARLIE, YOUR PHOTO HAND IS A LOT STEADIER THAN MINE.....GARY

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 MODEL 70 COUPE & 1930 6-14 SEDAN

you all have to understand, just as I was starting to take the photos, lance was getting a phone call, hence the head set.....trying to get him to pose while talking on the phone was a small challenge...but I did get a few photos.

I can say, he was really suprised.

charlie

Hi everyone
I am sure sorry I could not make it to the Auburn meet but you can count on me to be at the Oregon one. Been reading all the messages and I could bite myself for missing out on all the fun. I probably wont have my car done but I am coming if I have to walk --Hell it aint that far --only about 2 days driving time --just a good stretch of the legs.
Watch for me--I gonna be there.
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Deluxe Rumble Seat Coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club