Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parts and Services Directory

Hi All.....

As we talked about at Auburn. I NEED YOUR help.

I am putting together a listing of people and companies who provide parts or services for our cars.

This is going to be included with the new members directory.

Anyone you can reccomend would be helpful. You can post here or email me with the info and I will follow up and contact them.

These can be parts suppliers service providers, and also diverse items such as vintage clothing, literature, signs etc....

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort Buggy

Re: Parts and Services Directory

Good idea Frank. The Ford A club here in Ottawa posted a list of people who repair various things and part suppliers in their club paper, for A owners.
Old Auto's paper here in Ont is a good source for parts and service. Bi monthly. USA rate is shown as $60. www.oldautos.ca

Whats this new members directory ? The one online as still waiting for printed 2006 directory.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 Sedan

Hi Norm.....

When we publish the new Members Directory, it will include an updated listing of the parts & service directory.

A lot has changed since the last one was done. I am looking for any information the members can offer about companies and people who can help us with our cars.

I am also going to try and have some sources for vintage clothing, the Auburn banquet was such a hit with all the folks dressed in period attire.

The outcome of this project is up to you the members, so send me that contact information!!

See Y'all in Oregon.....Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort Buggy

Don't know if this helps. Champion Plugs C7 now D 16 or AC Delco C87 (for 614) are now NGK A6 and available at Canadian Tire Stores right on the floor at $10.99 a pair. CTC #18-3900

Frank, don't know if you know of this I rec'd.

Check here: http://www.smpcorp.com/web_app/catalog/publiccatalog.asp
This company still manufactures the dist cap, rotor, points, condenser, and coil
Anything listed here can be ordered from NAPA. You can check availlability at the NAPA website, using the SMP p/ns.

-select the appropraite from the year:drop down menu
-Select Durant from Make: drop down menu
-select Durant Vehicles from Model: drop down menu
-select whatever part from the product line; drop down menu

You then go to the US NAPA website hhtp:www.napaonline.com/MasterPages?NOLMaster.aspx?PageId=100
you enter in the SMP p/n into the "non-NAPA part number" box,and press Go button, you"ll then see the NAPA p/n and US $

Norm, / Frank....I've found that the NAPA AUTO PARTS stores also carry / can order front wheel bearings & seals, but they are made in China. Recently I sent Rick Botti the info to purchase made in USA TIMKIN brand bearings & seals at a bearing specialty place in Sacramento Calif.

Andrew

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes.... 1927 Star Coupe & what's left of a '24 Star touring

Hi Frank, I just sourced the square ring that sits under the 14L/15L oil filter housing if that is of interest. I have a hand full since I needed to buy a minimun order so will have them at the meet in Astoria, OR next September.

Also what is the price and part number of the new Zenith carburetors for the 14L six cylinder? Also what does the accessory air horn and choke lever for same look like? Is it easy to install and adjust? My Winfield has a stripped out screw on the air horn. Any digital's would be appreciated. Regards, Phil

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60

Can't recall if I mentioned this place after Lance told us where some parts could be obtained for the 619 he restored.
I can't get an answer from them but they carry the hood strip and end parts for B42 Macks. The hood strip is way to long but its a cut as needed thing for us. The 619 strip is an inch shorter than the 614 / 618 Canadian hood. Nice part is its stainless not chromed steel we have.
http://www.macktrucks.com/wattsmack/Default.aspx?pageid=19
http://www.macktrucks.com/dealers/assets/custom_images//8_28.jpg
http://www.macktrucks.com/dealers/assets/custom_images//8_29.jpg

Frank on a similar subject, you had asked for dealership info and addresses that you were going to compile and send a listing to all who contrubited. Is the info complied and can we expect a copy anytime soon

Hi Steve.....

Thanks for the reminder.

Yes I am trying to gather dealership info. But as very few members have suppliedd any it will be a slow process.

If everyone would look at the literature and manuels they have and send me the info this project would move a lot faster.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? 13 Durant & Stars and a Durant-Dort buggy

The Durant Motors Automobile Club