Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Distributor Question

Question is for someone that knows the Auto-lite distributor which is on the 1922 & 1923 A22 Duants.
I have an Org. Auto-lite Distributor on our 1923 A22 Durant. My distributor with out the Spark lever cable hooked up takes a fair amount of effort to turn it by hand. The question is -- is this normal for its operation or should it turn with just a little effort from retard to advance? The movement is so stiff that when the spark cable is hooked up does not want to move with ease from Advance to retard postion.
Thanking you in advance for any input that may help.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 A22 Durant

Re: Distributor Question

Ken, the two I have, 24 & 25, move freely but are controled by a rod, perhaps the one with a cable is a little tighter, but I think that it should turn freely. Glenn

Do You own a car built by Durant? 24, 25 Star

Re: Distributor Question

It should turn easily. If you try to work on it, handle the base gently. It is pot metal which deteriorates with age.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club