Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
anti squeek webbing

I need recommendations as to what material should be used between the frame and the body runners. I have reached a point in my restoration where I'm getting ready to return the body to the frame. The material which came out when I disassembled the car was a thin cotton woven material, which doesn't appear durable enough. I appreciate any suggestions.

Where Are You From? louisjgerard@yahoo.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes M2 coupe ( 1928)

Re: anti squeek webbing

You might want to look at the stuff Fords use between the spring and the crossmember. As I recall it is reinforced. Soak it in undercoating material to keep water out.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

I just bought frame webbing from Frank Witkowski. I really liked talking and dealing with Frank. Prices are reasonable and Frank is also a member of our club.He has many items used on our cars.

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

JUST AS A SIDELINE, I USED A WEB STRAP FOR LOWERING COFFINS INTO GRAVES. MY LOCAL UNDERTAKER HAD WORN IT OUT FOR HIS USE BUT IT WORKED FOR MY FIRST 6-14...

Do You own a car built by Durant? model 70 and 6-14

The Durant Motors Automobile Club