Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Parts Wanted

I am looking for a chain case (#22441) and cover (#22446) for an early 14L. This is the case with the cast-on mounting brackets.
I also need a pair of front motor arms-T brackets-(#23595) for a W5.
Hope someone can help.
Thanks.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes - 1929 Durant 40 and 1927 Star R cabriolet

Re: Parts Wanted

I'll check my stash tomorrow, Mac.

Don

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star touring, 1927 Star Coupe

Hi, Mac we finally dug out your W5 motor mount brackets and they are in a box ready to ship to you. Just let me know the place either your house in Canada or New York. Later Lance

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? a whole bunch of them.

Thanks for coming through yet again, Lance. I'll keep my fingers crossed that someone can provide the needed 14L timing chain case and cover.
Take care of yourself, Lance.

Mac

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes - 1929 Durant 40 and 1927 Star R cabriolet

I may have what you want, but I need a better description. I have timing covers for the 4 cylinder continental engine, both with the cast in front engine mounts and the bolt on engine mounts. If either of these will work for you please let me know.

regards,

brent

Hi Brent
Thanks for the offer. I have cases from both a W4 and W5 and they are different than the case for the early 14L. Thanks anyway.
Mac

Mac, I have a 14L chain case set aside for you but haven't located a cover just yet. I'll bring it with me to Auburn.

Don

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star touring, 1927 Star Coupe

Thanks very much, Don. Gord Curl will be at Auburn and will bring it back with him. Please let me know how much I owe you and I'll give Gord some cash for you. Hope you come up with a cover as well. Thanks again for your help.
Mac

The Durant Motors Automobile Club