Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spring shackle

I have a weak rear spring shackle on my 31. It is a 1.75 wide spring and a 3.5 inch lift. My good side has a threaded bolt style and the bad one is a center bolt with he tapered pins. Not sure which is correct if there is a correct. Anyone have a pile-o-parts? I have extra side pieces but no tapered-end pins.

Wayne

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

Re: Spring shackle

Wayne
I have a pair of the threaded bolt type Of the correct dimension .At least I beieve they are the right size.I took them off a 30 parts car. A standard coupe. I have no use for them so if they will do the trick you are welcome to them for the shippng costs.
These are a U bolt type with a threaded sleeve type thing that goes through the spring and the hanger The tapered pin type I have used on my car. These are 3 1/2 inch lift and the sleeve part is 1 3/4 inches
Let me know and I will price the shipping and tell you what it is before I send them
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 Durant Deluxe Rumble Seat Coupe

The Durant Motors Automobile Club