Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Radiator Emblem Restoration

Does anyone out there know of anyone restoring radiator emblems?

Dave

Re: Radiator Emblem Restoration

Dave get a hold of my long time faithful badge restorer Chuck Conway back East. Tell him you are a Durant club member and I sent you. He only charges me $50.00 but I have like maybe 6 done at a time so one maybe a little more. The next closest cost I got was from a company back East that wanted $200.00 each. Ouch. Chuck actually replace's all glass and has them replated with bright nickel. Here is his E-mail address.
cxconway@prodigy.net
Good Luck. Lance

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes many

Thanks Lance. Does anyone know of anyone else?

Dave

Chuck Conway did the badge for my Star. It came out very nice. He charged a reasonable amount and did it quicker than the much more expensive place.

Before I sent it to him I found this place in Australia on the internet: http://heywoodenamels.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring.

Dave here are a coulpe of sites to try.

www.emblemagic.com & www.heywoodenamels.com

Thanks for the help! Anyone know of others?

THANKS!
Dave

Karla Maxwell also does emblem restoration, and judging by the before and after photos she sent she does a fabulous job. Price leans towards the high end but I'm finding you get what you pay for. You can contact her at karlamaxwell@msn.com

Thanks for everyones' help,

Dave

The Durant Motors Automobile Club