Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1928 Durant on film (youtube)

http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZfIoKTTZuUo

Do You own a car built by Durant? Rugby

Re: 1928 Durant on film (youtube)

I guess we Durant owners have to be careful and not be a road hog. And we thought road rage was a thing of today? Must have been before automobile insurance companies, huh?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Model 65 4dr

I have a VHS copy of that film, it was titled If I had a million and is out of print. I was able to get a copy from the W.C. Fields fan club a couple of years ago.

In a way I guess it was Fields character was in a fit of road rage. The film takes a short look at the lives of different people from all walks of life and how suddenly receiving a million dollars effects their lives.

The W.C Fields character is mad at rude and inconsiderate drivers, so after he gets his money, he goes to a used car lot and buys almost everything, hires drivers to follow him and gets even with everyone that comes his way. The scence of the cars driving off the lot is great.As he wrecks each car he simply gets into one of the cars that follow him and repeats the process.

The film was made in the early 30;s and the Durant roadster in this outtake appears to be a 1930 or 321 model, notice the lights on the front fenders.

Rick Botti

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Roadster

Hey Rick! Any chance of getting a copy of the film? Would love to see the 30 roadster.

Dave

The Durant Motors Automobile Club