Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Club Member Terry Rudi dies of Wisconsin

Some sad news here with one of our very faithful Durant Club members Terry Rudi of Wisconsin passed away this last Saturday. I had been helping Terry with some parts for his cars and spent a bunch of time on the phone with him over a pretty long period of time now. He was very overweight and had a operation to help in that area but it was not working. He was always upbeat and a very nice guy. The family needs to sell off all his Durant cars and trucks and I will be helping his sister-in law with that. More later
Sincerely Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes many

Re: Club Member Terry Rudi dies of Wisconsin

Ha Lance sorry to here about Terry.I have purchased many parts from him for my Rugby truck.A super nice man.Again I am very sorry to here this bad news.[THE WOLFMAN].

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star 2dr runabout

My sincere Condolences to Terry's family and friends. I will miss his late night phone calls to chat about Durant's and his Rugby truck.

Rudi was planning to make it to Auburn and meet many of the people that had helped with his projects over the years. He was a super nice man.

Rick Botti

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Roadster

Sorry to hear about Terry. He was a long time member of the
DFR and I met him at the meet in Wisconsin in 1986 with his original Durant Grain truck.
He will be missed.

Here is Terry's obituary I got today. Way to young to die at only 56. Sad. Lance

Terry D. ‘Barrel’ Rudie

WESTBY, Wis. — Terry D. “Barrel” Rudie, 56, of rurall Westby died Tuesday July 31, 2007, at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center in La Crosse after a short illness.

He was born April 4, 1951, to Edwin and Hazel (Ihle) Rudie in La Crosse. Terry was baptized, confirmed and a lifelong member of the Coon Valley Lutheran Church. He graduated from Westby High School in 1969 followed by a year at WWTC in La Crosse. Terry worked as a postman in the area for a number of years before returning to farm the Rudie home farm for several years. He later was a substitute postman for Chaseburg.

Terry’s greatest joys were hunting with his friends, restoring antique cars and toys, woodworking and genealogy. He was a member of the Coon Valley Lions, the Coulee Antique Engine Club, the Durant Motor Club, the Sons of Norway and a lifetime member of the Coon Valley Conservation Club.

Survivors include his mother, Hazel of Westby; a brother, Jerome (Betty) of Soldiers Grove, Wis.; a sister-in-law, Pam (Jim) Padesky of Coon Valley, Wis.; and many aunts; uncles; nieces; nephews and cousins.

He was preceded in death by his father, Edwin; and a brother, Ronald.

Funeral services will be held at 2 p.m. Sunday, Aug. 5, at the Coon Valley Lutheran Church. The Rev. Mitzi Miyamoto will officiate, with burial in the church cemetery. Friends may call from noon until the time of service Sunday at the church. The Seland Funeral Home in Coon Valley is assisting the family. Memorials may be given to the South Ridge Circle or the Rudie Bible Fund.

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes many

The Durant Motors Automobile Club