Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Distributor?

Looks like I have a '72 (+/-) VW vacuum distributor on my '23 Star C model. I need a mechanical one, but with the gears on the bottom of the shaft. Should I try for another VW one or what? Suggestions,please. Thanx!

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Distributor?

Ken, If it was me, I would look for a distributor that is original to that engine. Shouldn't be that hard to find. Fritz

Thanx, but the originals were pot metal and didn't last. Any other suggestions?

The early Remy Distributors have a mechanical or manual advance plate and have a steel housing...I have a Remy #366C in my '23 A-22 4 cyl Durant, not positive if they will fit in your '23 W-4 Continental engine but think they will, I believe both engines originaly had the pot-metal Autolite.

Bill

I have a distributor for a Willys and it is steel. The housing on these models is where the problem is as it is pot metal and all of them fell apart.
Jan

I have a Remy from a 27 chevy in my W5 it has the steel base.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926 Star

The Durant Motors Automobile Club