Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
windshield window riser mechanism

Hi group
I have done it again. Broke my windshield raising mechanism.Had another but it is broken as well and I cant make a good one out of two. Does anyone have the complete setup to sell. It has the double gears -One at each end . I broke the pot metal part that the winder fits on and one of the gears is broken on the other one --sure fun working on old cars --
Thanks everyone
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant-model 614- deluxe rumble seat coupe

Re: windshield window riser mechanism

Hi Ken.....

That's the fun of old cars !!

I think Butters have some replacement parts for the windshield regulator.

If not the same set up is used in the Chevrolet (Imagine that) You can check out the Chevy parts suppliers. I have dealt with Gary Wallace and he has a lot of the bits & pieces as well as a rebuilding service.

You can check his online catalog at

www.20schevyparts.com

Look for windshield regulator parts, my 1929 Chevrolet has what looks to be the same unit as Durant used.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? Now 13 Durant & Star cars & a Durant-Dort Buggy

hi ken if a 27 pont fits i have one you can have free just don,t break it ok
brian

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 star 27star

Send your best one with the wood mounting piece to our great member Mike Butters up in Canada and they have all the original factory molds to cast all new parts including the gear box. I have had to have several of these rebuilt by the Butters family and they all work very smoothly and for only $200.00 turnkey.
Lance Haynes San Diego, Ca.

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes many

The Durant Motors Automobile Club