Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
sale of 1928 Durant

Moving to Oklahoma, must sell 1928 Model 75 Durant, 15U engine, I restored in 1987 and drove in the Great Race in 1988. Driven about 500 miles since. Spare engine (15U) complete with radiator and shell. Engine was rebuilt, all machined surfaces redone to original design specifications, new pistons, hard steel valves and seats. Rods were built-up with weld and remachined to use steel insert bearings instead of babbit. Generator and starter rebuilt, new electrical wiring harness. Clutch and breaks rebuilt. Four-speed trans and rear axel repaired. Like new wood wheels with new tires and tubes. All paint, upholstery, and chrome redone. Asking $15,000.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes, 1928 Durant 75

Re: sale of 1928 Durant

I am not interested in buying your car but want to know if you have some good pictures of the 15U engine left and right side. I am missing the starter, air cleaner, distributor, and placement of the ignition hardware. Thanks in advance

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club