Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Spark Plug Question

My 28 Model 65 has AC C-75 spark plugs in it right now. What would have been the original spark plug provided by Durant when new? What plugs are most of you using for modern replacements for cruising now? Best source to get them?

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1928 Model 65 4dr

Re: Spark Plug Question

Mike,

Before my 14L was rebuilt I tried 5 different plugs, The Champion W16Y and their earlier counterpart number C something. I also tested the Motorcraft plugs used in Model A Fords and an AC plug made for industrial use.

I settled on the Autolite 3076. They seemed to perform better in an old engine and were half the cost of the Champions. I used them again in the new engine and will stick with them the next time I change plugs. You can buy them form NAPA Auto Parts or order them online from www.sparkplugs.com .

Rick

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Roadster

Re: Spark Plug Question

mike
i will look in my old shop manuals and send you the spark plug numbers..i have them written down out there.in my gaRAGE..gary

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 durant 70 coupe and 63 sedan and a 1930 6-14 standard sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club