Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant Employee Birthday

Back in 2004 during our Annual DMAC meet and tour in New Jersey, we toured the Elizabeth factory. Many of you met a gentleman named Russell Howland aka Rocky, who began working in the plant way back in 1927. Mr. Howland was a wealth of information pointing out the activities that took place in each area as we walked along. He displayed a keen memory for detail and could even remember the paint color names and combinations.

Unfortunately he recently suffered a stroke and while I'm told he looks good the years have caught up with him. This month he turns 99 years old and on behalf of the DMAC, I am sending him a birthday card. If anyone else would like to take this opportunity to wish him a happy birthday and a speedy recovery I will be very happy forward everything to him.

Rick Botti
4845 Iris Terrace
Fremont, CA 94555-2718
USA

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Model 60 Roadster

Re: Durant Employee Birthday

Thank you for sending all of our birthday wishes to Rocky. He really did make the factory tour in New Jersey a special event.

Hi Rick.
Sorry to hear about our dear friend and ex Durant plant employee Rocky. I would like to get his mailing address and mail him a birthday and get well card from San Diego as He and I had gotten pretty close as you remember I ask him to join me on the steps of the New Jersey city hall with the mayor. He was so moved by us making over him. Charlie Spitz and his gracious wife Peg sure did a fantastic job out there on that annually meeting. The greatest old car club in the world period. And thanks a ton brother Yates for getting a hold of me to join in the very beginning. Forever grateful.
Lance Haynes San Diego, Ca.

Where Are You From? www.hireoldcars.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? a bunch of them

Pictures of Rocky then 96 during the 2004 DMAC Tour of the Elizabeth factory.

Where Are You From? picasaweb.google.com/durantmotors/Rocky

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 model 60

The Durant Motors Automobile Club