Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Gas tank

Has anyone thought of using a metal pipe to replace a rusted out gas tank ? I am going to look for a pipe the right diameter and have the ends of my tank and the filler spout etc wekded into it --This should be a pretty inexpensive way of repairing a no good tank. I was wondering if aluminum would work or would there be some kind of reaction with gas and aluminum? Comments are welcome
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1930 durant--deluxe rumble seat coupe--model 614

Re: Gas tank

another idea is one I came accross while looking through a "speedway" catalog. The same size as an original tank, includes mounting straps and cap for only $69.95. check it out on their web-site.
www.speedwaymotors.com

Hello, For my Star I found a boiler expansion tank at a plumbing wholesaler that was very close to original dimensions. The heavy gage steel is easy to weld on and the factory welded seam and ends make it look original. I think it is 12 gal. and cost about $60.00. Greg Krueger

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

also, a company called "ROCK VALLEY" makes tanks to order...probably not cheap but has done durants in the past....a hot rod and antique supplier found in hemmings lists

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 durant 70 coupe and 63 sedan and a 1930 6-14 standard sedan

The Durant Motors Automobile Club