Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Fan belt search

Looking for a fan belt or two (for backup just in case). The existing is one inch wide and appears to be made of leather. Engine is Continental 6 cyl. (26 Star Coach.) Guidance please, with appreciation.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Star "R" 2 door coach

Re: Fan belt search

Hi Ron......

You can use any serpentine belt from a modern car. Just take the dimensions you need to a GOOD auto parts store and have them match one up. I've been running one for years on my Star's

Hope this helps......Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? A dozen Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

As usual, this forum is better and faster than any auto support resource. Thanks, Frank, for the information. Cordially, Ron

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Star "R" 2 door coach

Frank is right, the serpentine belts work perfectly. I can't tell you what the belt No. is for a 6 clinder durant or star, but for those who would like to know, the one inch wide belt for my 28 durant W-5 engine is NAPA 070390. Fritz Kuenzel

Re: Re: Fan belt search

I have checked the current NAPA website for that belt you listed, p/n 07390, and there now appears to be no such part. Could you check that you posted the correct p/n ? I am looking for a 1-inch belt too for our 1929 D-40. Thanks. Dave T.

Do You own a car built by Durant? No, but the Museum I work at does. 1929 D-40 sedan

Dave: Be sure you check the right number. Your query indicated you had looked for 07390 but the number to check is 070390. Hope this helps.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Sorry, I did mean 070390, just as Fritz identified it.
I have searched this p/n at napaonline.com, and get no results. I'm sure the belt is still made, but the number must have been changed ???

Do You own a car built by Durant? No, but the Museum I work at does. 1929 D-40 sedan

Hi Ron,
My '29 model 60 takes a 1" X 40" belt. Your Star should be the same.

Do You own a car built by Durant? \'29 Model 60 Delux 4Dr. Sedan

Sorry about the Fan Belt confusion over the NAPA serpentine replacement belt for the W-5 engine. Dave has now found it listed. Yes it is 070390, but in small numbers above this, it is preseeded by the number 25. Fritz Kuenzel

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

The Durant Motors Automobile Club