Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Measurments Needed for Star Coupe

I need some help from those of you Star "M" closed car owners.
In reskinning the doors with new wood, there is one measurement that is critical to proper alignment of the door and body side beads.
This measurement is between the centerlines of the dovetail and the top body bead. The upper and lower beads are 4" apart. Please note the pics below.
I have been coming up with dimensions of 1 1/2" to 1 5/8" so I need to get a consensus from other owners.
The Coupe and Coach doors are identical but I'm not sure about the Sedans as they are a bit narrower.
I appreciate the effort anyone could give me.
Thanks in advance,
Don

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Photo Sharing and Video Hosting at Photobucket

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring, 1927 Star Coupe

Re: Measurments Needed for Star Coupe

I forgot to mention,,,,,, the "R" series will have the same measurements as the "M" series.
Don

Don,

After checking your e-mail I rechecked the figures I gave you and came up with the following:

Passenger Side 1.42 in. or 1 13/32

Driver side 1.50 in. or 1 1/2

I was measuring from the small bead under the dovetail block before so I am glad I checked your posting on the website. Thanks for being so precise.

Jim

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Outstanding!! That also accounts for the slight difference in the latch pillar sheet metal on the doors.
Thanks,

The Durant Motors Automobile Club