Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Distributor Cap & Throttle Rod

Need help with a Napa Part number for the distributor cap and rotor on 1923 Durant 4 cyl Auto-lite distributor. I have looked through the Tech pages and do not see any info going back to 1923. Would it be the same as the listed 1928 or not. The distributor I have is 2-3/8" diameter and the problem is availability along with the matched set of dist. & rotor to get the proper height on the rotor. Any info or source appreciated.

Also need info and source on Throttle and Spark "rods" that are inside steering column. I am missing half moon sector and both levers at steering wheel.

Re: Distributor Cap & Throttle Rod

Hi Jack....

You probably have the early distributor, a very easy way to tell is look at the rotor. If it is a full circle yours is the early type, no parts available. If it has the tear drop shaped rotor, NAPA parts will work, but be sure to change both cap and rotor as a unit, they are higher that the original.

The only source for the early type is NOS parts. Contact me if you can't find and I will give you a couple sources to try.

Frank ---

Do You own a car built by Durant? A dozen Durant & Star cars & a Durant Dort buggy

Re: Distributor Cap & Throttle Rod

I have the older distributor. I got the NAPA parts and filed the rotor to fit the shaft.

Every now and then, NOS ignition parts for Durants and Stars are offered on e-bay.
Just keep checking.

I have two of the rods that go down the steering column but I don't know what they're from. If anyone can give me identifying info, I'll check them out.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Sta Touring.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club