Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Road Trip!!

Butch and I made a run up to Newberg, Pa last week and visited with Steve Gardner. Actually, we really wanted to look at his '28 Star Coupe and get some woodwork measurements and photos!
Steve and his family were exceptionally hospitable and helpful in our quest. It's people like this that make our hobby more enjoyable and worthwhile.

Steve is pictured on the left and I'm crouched in the cab with my measuring stick and pencil.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1923 Star Touring, 1927 Star Coupe

Re: Road Trip!!

Don
I well remember doing something similar a few yrs back . When we dropped in to your place in Texarkana we were treated as royalty . You are right about this club being a great place. The members all seem to be ready and willing to help .
By the way ---nice hat you are wearing --I thought all texans wore ten gallon stetsons --ha ha ha
Ken

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes

A Texas Ten Gallon Hat won't fit inside a Star car!!!
Besides, It was a might cold up there that day!

Hey Don I hope you put out your stinking cigar when you got in his nice Star car. Ha. Lancer
PS. When you coming back out my way?

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? many

Actually photo of Star factory photo circa 2007. Hapless assembly line worker can only wait as manufacturer's represenative performs quality inspection.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club