Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Butters new 28, 29 Durant Gas Cap

OK fellows get your orders in now. A perfect fit and really "cool" looking art deco 20"s design cast aluminum new gas cap really compliments my senior 1929 model 6-66 Durant. I wire brushed off all the dark brown paint and polished it bright as I love flash of course. Never ever seen one of these before. This is a prototype that the Butters family sent me to test out on my totally original stock 1929 Durant gas tank. The fine threads work smooth and perfect. Thank you Butters. Don't whin about the price you guys. I don't even know what the price is but they are always fair I feel. This is the right item and beautiful. Get them now. E-mail Neil or Mike Butters at nbutters@eagle.ca anytime or call them at
905-372-6926 Thank God for our Canadian members.
THANK YOU THANK YOU. Lance Haynes

Where Are You From? www.lancedurant.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? a whole bunch of them

Re: Butters new 28, 29 Durant Gas Cap

Ha Lance.Butters called me yesterday.They are sending me my new cap for my 28 Durant coupe.It will look so much better without that plumbing cap on it.Thanks for having them make the new caps.Thanks again.[THE WOLFMAN].

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes a 1928 Rugby Truck model X , 1928 Durant 2 dr coupe, 1923 Star 2dr runabout [roadster].

Sir's Butters: Does your new gas cap fit a 26 Star? The present one has two internal clips that twist on and off, with a small round hump in center with a vent hole -- not a screw cap similar to the radiator (wings) cap. Would be nice to replace as the present gas cap is somewhat "tired."

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 Star "R" 2 door coach

Hi the new gas cap is the same as the old cap .A screw on type the same as the rad. No fingers sorry.[THE WOLFMAN].

Do You own a car built by Durant? yes a 1928 Rugby Truck model X , 1928 Durant 2 dr coupe, 1923 Star 2dr runabout [roadster].

Ha guys.I just received my new gas cap from Butters.It looks just like the original.Great job and not a bad price for the work.Thanks again [THE WOLFMAN].

Hi Guys,

Thanks for all the great words, and the interest on the Gas caps. I am glade they worked out well.

Mike

Hi there Lance thought i would ask you about carbie for my 29 D60 14L engine Do you have or do you know of any The one that is on the car is NO GOOD if you can get them please let me know the cost also looking for head gasket to suit 60thou overNEW one not old type many thanks Terry

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929D60 TOURER

You need to contact Frank Witkowski and purchase one of the new replacement carburetors he sells. They work very well!! He might be able to help with the head gasket also.

Dave

The Durant Motors Automobile Club