Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Steering Wheel

OK - my '24 Star is up and running - thanx to help from many of you. Now for some cosmetics! My wooden steering wheel is OK, but to replace it, does somebody make them or best to have one handmade? Help, please...
KC

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Re: Steering Wheel

We had a new rim put on old spokes by Snyder's Woodcraft, Nazereth, PA. Beautiful job, took a long time & not cheap. Advertises in Hemmings under services.
Ray Walton

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star sport coupe

Re: Steering Wheel

Hi Ken,

I just sent you some pics of Wheels that I made last summer, these were made from Hickory. I have gotten set up to make them, However my operation is in Leavenworth, WA and I won't be back there until the middle of march. I am now using my Bridgeport Mill instead of the shaper to do the jointery, also machined a Fly cutter to do that bold sawtooth joint that was popular. Also put togather a clamping table that wedges the glue joints super tight. Anyway, lots of fun, let me know if I can be of help. Take care, Bill

The Durant Motors Automobile Club