Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Distributor housings

Almost forgot,
I am still waiting on a quote from a local
CNC shop for the new billet aluminum housings.
The guy promised me on friday to have a definite price.
All orders have to be prepaid since we talking about a few hundred dollars per piece. Also I had a few guys that forgot to pay me and have a hard time to get a hold of.
Later
Franz

Where Are You From? vancouverdurantstarcarconnection.ca

Re: Distributor housings

Which Distributor would this be for? I'd be interested in one for my Star.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

If this is the casting that bolts to the back of the generator and holds the distributor, I need one. Just let me know the price! Dave--sbend@evansinet.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1927 Star Coupe

Franz:
Do you have the clips to hold the distributor cap on? I purchased one of John Baraldi's billet aluminum housings several years ago in Hershey for the 1922 Durant but now I am unable to find any clips that are of the correct length. The clips fasten on will a roll pin at the bottom of the housing and are 1 5/8" long . Wondered what length your clips are if you supply them.
Also any progress on the headlight clips?
Gord.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac

Hi Franz,
If the housing you refer to fits a 1929 Rugby D40, Would be interested in price. My current one fits on the back of the generator with the distibutor cliped
in. As a new Club member Ifeel this form line is great. Looking forward to a reply.
John Sweeney

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 Rugby d40 pick up

The Durant Motors Automobile Club