Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Headlight clips

Hello everyone,
just a short update on my latest project.
After I finished the punch die set and had it hardened I went ahead and tried it out on my ironworker.
Since my ironworker operates via hydraulic ram, it pivots in a slight radius. This makes the spring steel break uneven and tear.
After talking to my guy were I got the machine from he recomended to use a H frame press. I am currently
building a 100 ton unit.
For now I have to take a break from taking this further since we are moving for a few months to renovate a house that we bought out of town.
So be patient, I was able to make one blank and it looks good. I will post some pictures asap.
Regards
Franz Fraitzl

Where Are You From? vancouverdurantstarcarconnection.ca

Re: Headlight clips

Thanks Franz. I know you have our best interests at heart, but your home life comes first.
Best of luck on the renovation.
Gord

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac

Re: Headlight clips

Franz I hope the renovation of your house is going well and that its been an enjoyable project for you. I was just wondering if you had any chance to take a break from the house to work on the clips? And if you could given an update? Thanks and good luck with the home emprovements!
Chuck Faulkner

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Model F Touring

The Durant Motors Automobile Club