Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Durant Star Emblem

Hi,

This is Gary K's son.

I'm trying to recreate the Durant Star Emblem using some graphics software. The image I am using for reference is small and the griffin/dragon is not so clear.

I'm wondering if anyone has a large copy of the logo, or if someone could either scan or take a clear high-quality picture of their radiator emblem for me.

This is the image I am using for reference:

Thanks for your help.

Nathan

Do You own a car built by Durant? not so much...

Re: Durant Star Emblem

hello men,
my son is building my website to receive the parts pictures and identification info you send for our
"Guide to the Parts of Our Cars by Models and Years"
or whatever we end up titling the material. My website
will be titled .....DURANTSTARGUIDE.com
or GARYSDURANTSTARGUIDE.com......I have captured these two site names......please try to help him if you can...send images to his email as shown on his request. thanx, gary k

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1929 durant 70 coupe and 63 sedan

Thanks for the scans Mike.

Do You own a car built by Durant? not so much...

Re: Durant Star Emblem < Recreated

I finally finished this project. 

The design is fully scalable and in a format usable by most print shops.  It could be reproduced for things as small as business cards or as large as flags.  Billboards too I guess, although I have never tried anything that large.

I decided to compromise on the fonts for the words "Durant Motors" and "Star" in order to maintain flexibility.  I noticed that different years or models had different fonts, colors, griffins, everything.  The way I have created this logo, the colors and text can be changed easily. 

If anyone has any corrections or recommendations, please let me know. 

If anyone wants it for any purpose (websites, printed material, whatever), please let me know what format and size to provide. 

Where Are You From? www.chibihosting.com

Do You own a car built by Durant? No, but my father has a few.

WOW Nathan, That's really excellent, You've done a superb job with that graphic!

Rick

The Durant Motors Automobile Club