Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
quality chrome plating facility?

Other than the chrome shop that Lance uses in California, has anyone had any good dealings with any of the other ones out there? So many of the chrome shops are bumper replaters not show chrome facilities. How about any of the big ones, Graves or Pauls? Any small shops out there that do perfect work?

Do You own a car built by Durant? Almost

Re: quality chrome plating facility?

HI MIKE
THERE IS A SECRET FOR FINDING THE PERFECT CHROMING SHOP.FIND ONE THAT DOES CHROMEING FOR THE BIKERS AND CUSTOM BIKE BUILDERS I KNOW OF THREE IN CANADA BUT THEIR WILL BE SOME IN YOUR AREA,SOME WONT WORK ON CLASSIC CARS BUT I GOT ARROUND THAT BUY TELLING THEM A BIKER YOU MET SAID THEY DID THE BEST WORK ANYWERE,I ALWAYS GOT PERFECT JOB AND A BETTER PRICE WHEN PAYING CASH,LOOK HIM STRAIGHT IN THE EYE AND BEFORE LEAVING SAY [A PERFECT JOB ]THEN GO GET A SECOND MORGAGE.
BRIAN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 star 27star

Interesting .. haven't checked it out here but I see a biker place that does rechroming of classic cars. Just have to wear my Retread jacket when I visit

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan J5222

HI MIKE
IF AND WHEN YOU LEAVE YOUR PARTS THE REP SHOULD TAKE A POLAROID PICTURE OF WHAT YOU LEFT WITH THE PRICE WRITEN ON THE BACK KEEP THE PICTURE. 1ST TIME I WENT TO ONE CHROME SHOP I ASKED HIM TO CALL ME AFTER THE REPAIRS WERE DONE AND THE PEICES WERE BUFFED AND READY FOR PLATING.AFTER THAT WE HAD A VERY GOOD UNDERSTANDING OF WHAT WAS PERFECT AND WHAT I EXPECTED.
BRIAN

Do You own a car built by Durant? 26 star 27star

1. I always ask serious collectors or restoration shops in my area for this type of thing.

2. I used a motorcycle replater for cadmium parts on my 1950 Mercury and was very satisfied.

3. Be sure to fine tune the fit on all of your parts. This is the time to get them better than new.

4. Photos are a must! Take your own beforehand.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1925 Star Touring

Chrome Shop the
565 Olde Midway Rd
Menasha WI 54952
Phone: 920-727-9444

I used this Chromer and they really do a great job.
I highly recommend this shop.

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1926Star

The Durant Motors Automobile Club