Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
1931 Devaux brakes

Hello All,
Does anyone know where I could purchase the steel brake cables for the 1931 Devaux? I understand that the 31 614 Durant had the same brakes. Any help would be appreciated.
Thanks,
Dennis

Re: 1931 Devaux brakes

Dennis:
Both cars did use Midland "Steeldraulic" brakes with identical lining areas.
Maybe Frank in PA can give you some help. By the way, how about joining our great club?
Best Regards, Gary

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes

Dennis:
I have a frame that's been sitting in the weather a long time. Not sure what it's got left on it, When some snow melts someday, I'll take a look. I know it has the brake bar attached to the frame. Need any other frame type stuff?
Wayne Farrand

I found stainless steel cable to replace the old. I have a lead on a company that may be able to secure the old fittings on the new cable for me here in Jacksonville.
P.S. I sent a check for membership into the club. I haven't heard if it was received yet.
Thanks,
Dennis

If you find a company that can do that, would you please post it on the web. I have several old broken cables that might be able to be repaired.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac

The Durant Motors Automobile Club