Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Door handles 619 ?

Looking for two more of these for passenger side of the 1932 614. Seem to be 619. One key if possible.

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan J5222

Re: Door handles 619 ?

If you find a cache of them, let me know. Mine are spit pretty bad.

Wayne Farrand

Hi All....

Here are the door handles on my 619, sure look the same...

Frank ---

Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

Do You own a car built by Durant? a dozen Durants & Stars cars & a Durant-Dort buggy

Hi. Yes those are the right handles for the 619 only and like Gord says Canadian Frontenac. Mike and Neil Butters can make you brand new ones and with a funtioning lock in one too. Later Lance Haynes

Do You own a car built by Durant? Yes many

The 619 and Frontenac differ here. The Frontenac has a curved fancy handle.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Frontenac

Thanks guys. Yes I know the Butters can made the handles. Interesting my handle grips match Frank and Waynes 619 but the backing part seems different. Franks is almost diamond shaped like the bumper medallion on my 32. Could be Dominion Motors used 614 backing but 619 handle ??? The games go on with US D's versus Can D's and Dominion using any part to make a car in the end. Better watch out Gord, fancy Fronty handles on my D if we should happen to meet some day, ha ha.
You know I've seen 28 Chevy handles on Ebay and they seem very close to our handles except the backing is flat. Almost bid on one until I noted the flat backing attachment.
Norm

Do You own a car built by Durant? 1932 614 sedan J5222

The Durant Motors Automobile Club