Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
Tires

I am getting ready to buy tires for my 25 Star model F 2dr sedan with wooden spokes. Have found several companys on the web that sell the tires, but I have a few questions.

Is 440/450-21 the correct size?

The tubes are offered with rubber or metal stems, which do I want?

Looking at the pictures of ads and so forth they seemed to use both Whitewalls and blackwalls so not sure which to use, wondering what was orginally on the car and what looks the best.

Not being able to see before I buy is there prefence in the brand, what i am asking is what tread design looks good and if there will be a differance in the handling of the car between one tire or another.

I realize these are subjective questions, but would like your thoughts and experience on this.

Re: Tires

Eliot
I believe metal stems would be correct for that year and the all black tire would probably have been factory issue. A way for them to cut some cost. I've seen pictures of early Durants with the white tires on them at the factory, but it's really what you want to put on them. Me personally I will put the white walls on my car.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Almost

The Durant Motors Automobile Club