Durant Motors Internet Forum

Our Purpose

Preserve the automobiles manufactured by the Durant Motor Company, provide enjoyment for each member with meets, tours & technical assistance.

This forum is provided by the Durant Motors Automobile Club located at durantmotors.org

How to Add Pictures             Rocky

General Discussion Forum
Start a New Topic 
Author
Comment
for sale

My wife and I have decided to put our 33 deluxe sedan up for sale, we have found we don't have the time, room, or funds to complete the restoration of this complete and rare Durant. The chassis was stripped, repainted, and rebuilt, engine was completely rebuilt and the trans and rear end checked by a garage and found to be in perfect condition. The wood structure is perfect, Pictures of this car are on this wed-site under "photographs". The asking price is based on the appraised value. Asking $25,ooo.oo or best offer, so far the only offers are from a couple of street rods we know. I hope for an offer from a fellow club member

Do You own a car built by Durant? 33 Durant sedan

Re: for sale

Tim
Don't let this rare and unique car go to a hot rodder. They'd butcher her for sure. But you might lower your price to a more realistic one. Whomever you had appraise her sure did not know what he was looking at, nor the market and most likely appraised her high for insurance purposes only. If you lower your expectations I'm sure someone in the club will step forward to give her a new home.

Do You own a car built by Durant? Almost

OK......There were a handful built. So far 2 are known to remain. It is a very complete, solid, low mileage original car. What IS it worth?

Dave

Re: Re: for sale

was asking $25,000.00 as to the appraised value, have been contacted by several members who stated this is not a realistic price. I will reduce the asking price to $20,000.00 or best offer.

Is your $20,000.00 asking price in Canadian dollars?

Re: Re: for sale

Yes Ross, to your question it will be in canadian dollars.

The Durant Motors Automobile Club